White distilled vinegar is a great cleaning product for many reasons: it can be used for many cleaning jobs, it kills bacteria, its not as harsh as other chemicals, it’s eco-friendly and its cost efficient!
We came across this website that lists 1001 uses for cleaning with white distilled vinegar. Here are some of our favorite tips:
- Clean counter tops and make them smell sweet again with a cloth soaked in undiluted white distilled vinegar.
- Clean the microwave by mixing 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Bring it to a rolling boil inside the microwave. Baked-on food will be loosened, and odors will disappear. Wipe clean.
- To prevent good glassware from getting etched by minerals, wash then spray with full-strength white distilled vinegar. Give the glasses a hot water rinse before letting them dry or drying them with a towel.
- For stained and smelly plastic food containers, wipe them with a cloth dampened with white distilled vinegar.
- Easily clean your mini blinds by wearing pair of white cotton gloves. Dip gloved fingers into a solution of equal parts white vinegar and warm tap water, and run your fingers across both sides of each blind.
- Renew sponges and dishrags by placing them in just enough water to cover them. Then add 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar. Let them soak overnight.
- To clean a scummy showerhead,pour 1/2 cup baking soda and 1 cup white distilled vinegar into a sandwich bag and tie it around the showerhead. Let this set for an hour after the bubbling has stopped. Remove the bag and then turn on the water.
- Deodorize the toilet bowl by allowing 3 cups white distilled vinegar to sit in it for about a half hour before flushing.
- To make cleaning the grill easier, spray a solution of half water and half white distilled vinegar on the cooking surface.
Do you use white vinegar as a cleaning product in your home?